Tuesday, May 26, 2015

B.B. King (September 16, 1925 – May 14, 2015)




Another Blues legend as gone home to glory. Yes, B.B. King is gone but his music will live on. I was bless to have seen B.B. King live two times in my life. The first time was in the late 1990’s at the Monterey Blues Festival in Monterey California. The second time was in the mid 2000’s, at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mt. View California. When I heard of his passing, I became teary eyed. Just thinking about the times I had seen him live and what an amazing man he was. He sure could tell a story through his guitar strings. Whenever I hear his songs, "The Thrill Is Gone", “Lucille”, “Three O Clock Blues”, "Rock Me Baby" and “Sweet Sixteen” I will remember him with a smile on my face. B.B. King carried an entire style of music on his back for half a century or more, he was a national gem. R.I.P. B.B. King you will be missed but never forgotten. Tune into Streetwise Radio and listen to songs from the Best Blues Man I ever seen. You can also listen to Streetwise Radio on Pandora, iTunes, MyGen365, Live365 and Athena365.

LM



No comments:

Post a Comment