Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Passing Of A Soul Legend Bobby Womack



Bobby Womack has and will always be one of my favorite singer-song writers. Every time I hear "That's The Way I Feel About Cha", "Woman's Gotta Have It", “Across 110th Street", "If You Think You're Lonely Now", “I Can Understand It”, “I Wish He Didn't Trust Me So Much”, “Harry hippie” and “I'm Looking For A Love”. I get chills! Bobby Womack’s career spanned more than 50 years. This R&B, soul, rock and roll, doo-wop, gospel, and country singer gave the world beautiful music that has and will live on forever. For all of you who did not know Bobby Womack, he made one more album at the age of 68 called “The Bravest Man In The Universe” released in 2012. It has a modern day sound with the electronic rhythms, synthesizers, and keyboards but it also stays true to Bobby Womack sound. That raspy voice and those deep lyrics. Here are a list of my favorite songs on this album “Please Forgive My Heart”, “The Bravest Man In The Universe”, “Dayglo Reflection (featuring Lana Del Rey)”, “Stupid”, “Love Is Gonna Lift You Up” and “Nothin' Can Save Ya (feat Fatoumata Diawara)”. Bobby Womack was one true artist that could write significant lyric’s that told you what was going on in the world at the time. R.I.P. in peace Bobby Womack your music will live on forever. If you don’t know who Bobby Womack is. You can listen to Bobby Womack’s music on Streetwise Radio and become a fan. Also listen to Streetwise radio on iTunes, Pandora, Athena365, MyGen365 and Live365.
LM


No comments:

Post a Comment