Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sabrina Starke “Outside The Box”


Sabrina Starke is another underrated singer/songwriter from Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Sabrina was born on August 9, 1979. Sabrina Starke is another artist that I’ve never heard of, until DJ Michael Ealey of started playing her music on Streetwise Internet Radio. When I heard “Backseat Driver” and “Toss Me A Dreamer” I had to listen to more of her songs. I’m so happy I did, she has an amazing Reggae, Soul, Hip-Hop, Jazz, voice! Sabrina released her debut album, Yellow Brick Road on October 1, 2008. Her first single from the album, "Do For Love" was a hit song in The Netherlands. Sabrina signed to Blue Note records on October 27, 2008. In 2008 Sabrina won the Edison Award Best Newcomer. Blue Note re-released Yellow Brick Road on March 9, 2009. The album went gold in The Netherlands. “Bags & Suitcases” was Sabrina’s second album which in my opinion was another good album from this talented singer/ songwriter. Sabrina released her third album “Outside The Box” on June 1, 2012. The songs I like are “This Time Around”, “Backseat Driver”, “Simplest Way”, “Toss Me A Dream”, “Sun Settle Down” and “I Cry”. You know it’s a great thing that there is Internet Radio. Without it we would not get to hear, all the talent from around the world. Streetwise Radio is playing songs from Sabrina Starke’s album “Outside The Box”. You can also listen to Streetwise Radio on iTunes, live365, MyGen365 and Athena365.
LM


No comments:

Post a Comment