Monday, October 5, 2009

LEGANDARY TEMPTATIONS



I remember being over my Grandmother’s house out in the garage listening to the Temptations. My uncles were teenagers; they had all the 45 records the Temptations had out. My Girl, Just My Imagination & Papa Was a Rolling
Stone were my all time favorites. Growing up listening to Temptations and all of Motown made me appreciate, great songwriting choreography. The Temptations group was formed in 1961 the members were Paul Williams, Eddie
Kendrick, Otis Williams, Melvin Franklin and Elbridge Bryant. The Temptation finally got their first hit in 1964 with “The Way You Do The Things You Do” after a long series of failed singles. After that first hit then they blew up. Every male singing group after Temptations wanted to be like the like the Temptations, the Spinners, Boys II Men and New Edition
to name a few. Every generation knows a least two Temptation song, I don’t’ think their will be another group like the Temptations ever.


LM



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment