Thursday, October 25, 2012

Kindred the Family Soul




There has not been a married singing duo that I have enjoyed listening too since my favorite Ashford and Simpson. Kindred the Family Soul also known has Kindred, consists of the married couple of Fatin Dantzler and Aja Graydon. This singing duo from Philadelphia, their incredible blend of R&B, soul and neo soul is outstanding. Jill Scott was the one to discover this amazing singing duo. Thank God she did, because this awesome talent needed to be brought to the music world.  In February 2003 Kindred’s debut album “Surrender to Love” was released. It has two songs that remind me of the love of life. They are "Far Away" and "Stars". Their second album in 2005 “In This Life Together” was inspired by the 1998 book With Ossie & Ruby: In This Life Together. That was a good read about two African American icons. "Where Would I Be (The Question)" was the first single off of this album. The lyrics seem to be written for my husband and me. Just when you I thought Kindred could not get any better they come out with another amazing album “The Arrival” in 2008 I like the songs “You Got Love (featuring Snoop Dogg)”.  Kindred their fourth album “Love Has No Recession” from the album title to my favorite songs "2 Words",  "Magic Happen", "You Got Love", "Authentically You" and "Going to the Go-Go" you can never go wrong. If you’re in San Francisco on November 3, 2012 Kindred the Family Soul will be in concert at Yoshi’s. Kindred the Family Soul really put all their emotions and feelings into their music. They are a Dynamite singing duo.  I predict will be around for a long time to come. If you have not heard of Kindred the Family Soul you can listen to some of their songs on Streetwise Radio. You can also listen to Streetwise Radio on ITunes, live365, MyGen365 and Athena365.

LM


No comments:

Post a Comment