Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bobby Brown “Masterpiece”



Born Robert Barisford Brown on February 5, 1969 in Boston, Massachusetts. He grew up in Roxbury Park Projects. Bobby Brown was a bad boy at an early age. Bobby grew up stealing, committing robbery and running with a gang. He said "I didn't wanna ask my mother or my father because they didn't have a lot of money", stating that whenever he saw something he wanted, "I'd just go to the store and take it." When Bobby was nine he started a group called “The Brick”, they were a trio. When Bobby was ten, he was shot in the knee during a fight with a rival gang. At the age of eleven Bobby’s life took a turn, he saw one of his friends lying dead from multiple stab wounds. Tommy Brown Bobby’s brother said after that Bobby took "his career, schooling, his whole life more seriously."
Bobby Brown former member of New Edition and former husband of the late Whitney Houston released an album, after 15 years called “Masterpiece”. This album has some tracks that have that old Bobby Brown sound. There are only a few songs on this album that I like “Don't Let Me Die”, “Get Out the Way”, “Damaged”, “Can’t Give Up” and “Man I Want to Be”. I think Bobby Brown could have been a real big star, if it were not for his drug and mental problems. I never really stopped liking his music, he just stopped making it! I give props to Bobby Brown for trying to comeback after 15 years. Tune in to Streetwise Radio and listen to some songs from his “Masterpiece” album. You can also listen to Streetwise Radio on iTunes, MyGen365, Athena365, live365.
LM

No comments:

Post a Comment